Friday Late: Futurescapes
Join us for an unforgettable Friday Late, and experience Aspex like never before as we open our doors after hours for music, immersive visual art and more.
At Friday Late: Futurescapes you can:
- Enjoy art after dark and explore our current exhibitions – The Platform Graduate Award 2023 and Structurally Unsound by Ruth Petersen
- Take part in a screen printing session with Downtown Pompey as part of their Queer Joy campaign, which seeks to understand what queer joy means to members of the LGBTQIA+ community in Portsmouth by connecting through posters, pop ups and free activities with queer creatives at the heart. You’re invited to bring t-shirts or tote bags along to create queer joy merch! Downtown Pompey will also be providing card for those who want to take framable physical prints home, and chatting through their campaign and asking “what does queer joy mean to you”.
- Meet artist-in-residence Thaïs Verhasselt and learn more about her practice
- Immerse yourself in Nazar, a new one-to-one live performance incorporating virtual reality by artist Lara Kobeissi (limited spaces/sign-up on the night)
- Enjoy a DJ set from Michelle Ezeuko as the Learning Space transforms into a dance floor, featuring live visuals from the one000plateaus VJ collective Snowglobe, Amalog, Drlighthouse and guests.
- The bar will also be open throughout the evening serving refreshments.
How to book
Tickets are pay what you can and range from £0-£8. All donations made will help us in our mission to make the arts more accessible through our free programme of exhibitions and artist support.
You can book your ticket on Eventbrite by clicking the link here