Title/Position: Volunteer Front of House Assistant
Reporting Line: Vicky Chapter, Participation & Learning Manager
Our Front of House volunteers are the first people our visitors meet when coming to the gallery. They are vital to our organisation as they provide a welcoming and friendly greeting to everyone visiting the gallery. They are also there to provide more information about an exhibition, to answer any enquiries or take bookings for our workshops.
Whilst based at the Front Desk, we will ask you to perform a number of tasks:
General Front of House duties
- Meet & Greet, providing a warm and informative welcome to our visitors
- Engaging visitors in the exhibitions through conversations
- Collection of audience data
- Answering telephone and email enquiries
- Ensuring forms are printed and photocopied for the front desk and completed as required
- Taking bookings for events and workshops
- Merchandising the crafts/retails space
- Processing sales
- Researching possible makers/designers for the crafts exhibition programme
The staff team at aspex may also ask volunteers to assist with administration tasks in relation to other departments, eg. Marketing or Participation.
TIME AND PLACE:
Length of commitment: 3 hours per week on a regular day/time slot for 3 months.
Desirable Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Knowledge
What skills or experience is required?
- Willingness to talk to people about Contemporary art
- An interest in all forms of contemporary arts and crafts
- Experience in Customer service
- Good communication and organisational skills
What will I get out of it?
- Support us to provide the best experience for our visitors
- An opportunity to build experience for your CV
- An opportunity to meet artists and like minded people
- An opportunity to learn about the different roles within an art gallery
Please note that this is an unpaid position. We will however refund reasonable out of pocket expenses.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
Contact: Vicky Chapter
Phone: 023 9277 8080
TO APPLY, PLEASE DOWNLOAD AND COMPLETE AN APPLICATION FORM, AND SEND TO THE EMAIL ADDRESS ABOVE.