Marketing & Communications Manager
Aspex is looking for a highly-motivated individual with excellent marketing, communication and digital skills, and a passion for contemporary art and culture, to join its small but perfectly formed team. This is a pivotal role, with key responsibility to drive awareness, increase engagement, visitor numbers and income, through traditional and digital media.
The successful candidate taking up this post will be joining Aspex at an extremely exciting period just ahead of its 40th Anniversary year in 2021, contributing to a rebrand and new website to be launched in January.
To apply please email a CV and cover letter, maximum of 2 pages outlining your relevant skills and experience to Joanne Bushnell, Director, Aspex at firstname.lastname@example.org - please ensure the subject line reads ‘Marketing & Communications Manager’ and confirm you have completed the Equal Opportunities Monitoring form.
The Equal Opportunities Monitoring form will help Aspex to better understand the reach and fairness of our recruitment process. Please CLICK HERE to complete the monitoring form.
Applications should be received by Sunday 1 November 2020.
Interviews will take place via Zoom on Monday 9 November 2020.
Aspex welcomes applications from all members of the community, irrespective of gender, race, disability and age. It is a learning organisation and allows all of its employees to work flexibly, to ensure that personal/caring responsibilities, artistic practices or roles in other organisations can be maintained.
The post holder will be required to use a Mac and/or Chromebook, which will be provided for working at Aspex and from home.
Current health and safety measures responding to the Covid-19 pandemic include staffing bubbles which require Aspex staff to work some of their hours from home. We anticipate that staffing bubbles may continue in 2021 and encourage staff to claim tax relief for working from home expenses.
Aspex can support the post-holder with an Access to Work application to secure support based on your needs. This may include a grant to help cover the costs of practical support in the workplace or at home, help getting to and from work, support worker services and/or mental health support.
Aspex is open to a discussion about additional support/resources which might be needed during the application process or once recruited to the post to enable you to do your best work. This will not affect your eligibility for the role or the strength of your application. For an informal conversation about additional support please contact Joanne Bushnell by emailing email@example.com by calling the gallery on 02392 778080 to request a call back.
A relocation budget of up to £1000 is available for this post and eligibility can be discussed during interview.
Hours: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Salary: £25,000 per annum
Responsible to: The Director
Line Management: Gallery Assistants
Job summary: You will be responsible for strategic marketing and communications, working closely with the Director and team. This is a pivotal role, with key responsibility to drive awareness, increase visitor engagement, numbers (physically and online), and income through traditional and digital media.
You will be responsible for:
● The development and implementation of an effective marketing and communications strategy to support the successful delivery of Aspex’s Business Plan;
● Growing physical and online visitor numbers and quality of engagement, though development and delivery of compelling marketing campaigns and contribution to programming;
● Increasing awareness of Aspex within the local, regional and national context, engaging broad audiences, including art, education and business communities;
● Co-ordinating and overseeing all marketing and communication activities including press/media, print, advertising, listings and digital communications, ensuring the website, social media content and other digital resources are accurate and relevant;
● Undertaking market and visitor research, collection, monitoring and analysing data, leading data protection, producing reports and ensuring compliance with GDPR etc.;
● Managing the Marketing budget;
● Work closely with the Director and team to drive income generation, including development of corporate fundraising, development of external partnerships and individual giving (i.e. Patrons and fundraising campaigns such as auctions);
● Co-ordinate the Marketing Working Group (advisory group of board members), making best use of the skills and expertise of specialist Trustees;
● Managing and supporting Gallery Assistants;
● To be part of the rota of Duty Managers during daytime opening and regular special events including evenings and weekends;
● Undertaking all other appropriate duties for the effective administration and operation of the gallery as required by the Director.
The post holder will at all times carry out their duties with due regard to Aspex Visual Arts Trust’s Health and Safety and Equality, Diversity & Inclusion policies.
All criteria are essential unless specified by (D) in which case they are desirable.
● Developing, managing and implementing marketing, communications and social media activities ● Developing and delivering PR strategy, including press and external relations
● Practical experience of delivering multi-platform digital campaigns, to build online audience and engagement
● Familiarity with G/suite, updating website CMS systems, Mailchimp, Hootsuite and Adobe Suite ● Managing budgets and preparing monthly budget monitoring reports
● Data collection, protection, analysis and reporting
● Fundraising/business development (D)
● Line Management (D)
Knowledge & Skills:
● Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to work accurately, remain calm under pressure and deliver to tight deadlines
● Excellent administrative skills, including excellent working knowledge of MS Office, G/Suite
● Strong IT skills, including website development, social media and other digital marketing tools and an aptitude for new approaches
● Good working knowledge of data collection methods, protection and analysis
● The ability to work accurately, remain calm under pressure and deliver to tight deadlines ● Demonstrable literacy and numeracy skills
● Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal including the ability to communicate well with a wide range of people on a wide range of platforms, both online and in person
● Be able to act on own initiative, manage your own time and prioritise workloads
● Work productively and positively within a team, with a proactive and supportive approach with the managing of staff, volunteers and interns
● Be flexible and adaptable with the changing needs of the organisation
● Have a good knowledge and understanding of customer care and Health & Safety ● Ability to contribute creatively to the programme
● Commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion
To download a .pdf of the Job Pack, Click Here.