Aspex at 40
In 2021 Aspex will celebrate our 40th birthday. Throughout this milestone year we will be exploring our archive and revisiting the work of artists who have shown in our galleries since 1981.
1. Cornelia Parker, Thirty Pieces of Silver, (1988-89).
2. Mona Hatoum, Under Siege, 1982.
Photograph: J. McPherson/Galleria Continua, San Gimignano/Beijing/Le Moulin.
3. Nils Norman, Ruins, Monuments & Follies, 2008. Commissioned by Aspex
4. Harold Offeh, Being Mammy, 2006. Commissioned by Picture This.
5. Faisal Abdu'Allah, Garden of Eden, 2003. Collaboration with David Adjaye, commissioned by Chisenhale Gallery.
6. Heather & Ivan Morison, Luna Park, 2010. Commissioned in collaboration with Chapter & Firstsite.
7. Richard Wilson, Viaduct, shown in Hannah Collins & Richard Wilson ‘Occupant and Visitor/Viaduct’, Nov/Dec 1983.
8. Sharon Kivland, Chimera, April/May 1991